Embodied counselling sessions
Embodied counselling empowers you through mobilizing your natural capacity for growth and healing. Connecting to what you are experiencing through your body grounds you in the reality of the present moment, and allows you to access skills for successful living that are hardwired into your neurology.
Your body has wisdom beyond what you can access through thoughts or through talking. By learning to focus on what you are experiencing through your body, you learn that you are in charge of yourself. You have the ability to move through the most challenging of experiences, and you have the capacity to live intentionally, that is, in the way that you choose to.
In person sessions are 90 minutes and cost $170 for individuals or $190 for couples or people in polyamorous relationships.
Zoom sessions are 60 minutes and cost $150 for individuals or $180 for couples or people in polyamorous relationships.
The Introductory Certificate in Embodied Counselling
is a foundation in somatic psychology and bodymind therapy for holistic, somatic, and spiritual practitioners, including massage therapists, kahuna bodyworkers, somatic sex educators, and yoga teachers.
The course provides practitioners with practice in effective embodied skills, a broad understanding of psychotherapeutic theory leading to the development of body-based approaches, and practice in conducting embodied counselling sessions.
The course enhances body-based practitioners’ capacity to work with the emotional and psychological content that arises during bodywork sessions. Building on what you do well, the course provides you with greater confidence to work with your clients’ emotional and psychological selves, expanding and developing your skill set in this direction, and enhancing your capacity to articulate the complex systems in process for human beings.
“The training was fantastic. It filled in lots gaps in my knowledge, gave me new spaces to fill up with the knowledge I will continue to gather, and affirmed, consolidated and linked together my existing abilities.”
By the end of the training students will have:
- Engaged in regular self practice of body awareness exercises
- Created exercises to support other people in increasing their awareness of their bodies
- Studied the development of somatic psychology and bodymind therapy
- Studied and developed qualities that support practitioners in working effectively with clients
- Practiced embodied counselling skills
- Studied the connection of the body’s systems and consciousness
- Developed skills for working with strong emotion and trauma
- Conducted embodied counselling sessions
- Grown in embodiment to feel more connected and vibrantly alive
For upcoming dates visit: